Coffee has always been involved in a giant tug of way, good or bad? Does it really cause cancer? Are the jitters, upset stomach and stained teeth really the enemy or are there tested epidemiological benefits to this little caffeinated bean. Here is my argument!
My Body Structure’s Tips on Coffee
The Epidemiological Data in favor of Coffee Drinkers
* Long term coffee consumption is associated with a lower risk of type-2 diabetes. The more coffee you drink, the lower the risk.
* Coffee consumption is associated with increased insulin sensitivity and improved beta cell function. Don’t drink decaf(high levels of mycotoxins) .
* People who drink six or more cups of coffee per day are 50% p less likely to develop diabetes. ** Drink no more than 3 cups per day.
* In a study on 47,911 Americans, there was a correlation between coffee drinking and a lower risk of prostate cancer. Men who drank the most coffee had a 60% lower risk of dying from prostate cancer.
* Women who drink coffee are less likely to suffer memory loss later in life.
* Women who drink coffee are less likely to develop depression, get a stroke and less likely to develop breast cancer.
So what can coffee do for you?
Here are four reasons to drink coffee and better your health and overall performance.
1. Better Memory Recall
A study in 2005 showed caffeine could improve short term memory recall. The study didn’t use coffee, but caffiene tablets, which isolates only one of the complex chemicals in coffee. Just don’t drink decaf. In another study, coffee was able to produce the same mental state as Chi Gong exercises. Be careful however, smaller doses of coffee on a daily basis are beneficial. Large doses all the time are detrimental. Remember, BALANCE!
2. High Antioxidant Content
Coffee for many Americans is the number one source of antioxidants, runner up is black tea. Coffee contains numerous antioxidants, but something many people don’t know is that caffeine is an antioxidant. Caffeine in cocoa, tea, and coffee is a powerful antioxidant that can protect against free radicals and even prevent Alzheimer’s. ** Always choose a roasted coffee bean. It has a higher concentration of antioxidants.
3. Rapid Fat Loss
Coffee is a potent thermogenic. A thermogenic increases metabolic rate and stimulates movement in the body. It increases fat mobilization and oxidation which promotes fat loss. Try a cup of coffee before your workout to get the body energized and start the fat metabolization.
4. Improved Performance
Caffeine is an ergogenic aid, meaning it will increase power output. This is true for both aerobic and anaerobic exercise. If taken before a workout, caffeine could improve overall performance and give you an edge over your workout. Don’t just do it though, test it! Try a cup of coffee before a workout, and ask yourself, did it make me faster?
* Coffee can improve memory and brain function.
* Coffee is an excellent source of antioxidants.
* Coffee can improve insulin function.
* Coffee can accelerate fat loss.
* Coffee can improve exercise performance.
** Regular coffee consumption is beneficial, try to avoid coffee with mycotixins.
** If you need coffee to function – you’re probably addicted and need to find another solution.
** One cup a day is perfect
** Two cups a day is okay
** Three cups a day should be the maximum
Important: You should avoid drinking decaf. It is much lower in antioxidants and guaranteed to contain mycotxins and other bad stuff.